Several years ago, I began collecting pebbles, rocks, and stones from my travels: a piece of Moonstone from the beach where we married, a shard of Jade from Jade Cove on one of our annual Pacific Coast Highway road trips, a river rock from the Eel River in Humboldt. I paint the date and place on the underside of each of these tangible fragments of the places I've been. Somehow these stones have carried greater stories for me than the various other ephemera of maps, postcards, and baubles I've procured.
Lately, I've seen quite a number of beautifully painted stones span Pinterest and the internet. My dear friend, Stacy gifted us with my favorite wedding gift last year - a collection of three stones painted with the words "I Choose Hope". These stones and their stories have inspired me so much that it seemed only fitting that these "story keepers" should have their own post.
1. Painted Stones as Affirmation: (by the divine Stacy De La Rosa)
2. Painted Pebbles as Canvas: (by Geninne Zlatkis)
3. Painting Stones as Mandala: (by Maria Mercedes, includes a list of the tools she uses!)
4. Painted Stones as Garden Marker: (via Whimsy Girl)
5. As a Learning Tool: (found in the MamaTita store!)
6. As a Reminder: (found in the Love from Cape Cod Painted Stone Shop)
7. As Craft: (via Denise Scicluna)
8. As Inspirational Magnets: (Via the Happy Emotions Shop)
9.As Quote Keepers: (From this DIY How-To... )
10. As Intention: (created by Elaine at RedorGrayArt)
May this spark your imagination to create talismans, reminders, markers, memory keepers, and decor!